IHC Secure Series
Short Term Health Insurance
IHC offers five Short Term Medical plans with many options to fit your temporary coverage needs. Next Day Coverage is available. Quote, Apply and Print your policy in less than 10 minutes. Underwritten by Security Life Insurance Company of NY.
Doctor Office Copay
$50 Copay. The Copay applies to each Doctor office visit charge. After the Copay, the balance of the Doctor office visit charge is covered at 100%. All of the IHC Secure Series plans include the doctor office copay
IHC Secure STM Series Options
For an additional premium, you can include IHC Dental Insurance, Accident Medical Expense (Metal Gap) and a Rx Copay plan.
- Free Look Period ensures your satisfaction with a 10-day money back guarantee
- Plans pay up to $2,000,000 Lifetime Maximum per Covered Person
- Choice of Coverage Periods - Monthly up to 90 days. Cancel at any time.
- Use any doctor or hospital. Save more by using a > Multiplan Network provider
- Choice of Deductibles - Wide range of deductibles from $500 to $10,000
- Coinsurance options - 0%, 20%, 30% and 50% depending on plan choice
- Choose a monthly plan and cancel at any time
- Child Only Coverage is available - the minimum age is two years old
- $50 Office Visits Copay- The $50 Copay applies to the physician’s consultation charge. After you pay $50, the plan pays 100 percent of the consultation charge balance with no deductible.
- Between jobs or laid off - Waiting for employer benefits
- Part-time or temporary employees with no group coverage
- College Student or recently graduated and searching for employment
- Finding COBRA health insurance coverage is unaffordable
- Looking to fill the gap until the next open enrollment period
When applying online, you will be able to print your policy and ID cards or save everything to your computer.
Secure Series STM Plan Details
The IHC Group (Independence Holding Company) provides affordable short term health insurance to protect you and your family. You should consider one of the IHC Secure Series STM plans if you are looking for a choice in affordable plans to protect yourself and family from the high medical costs associated with an unexpected accident, injury or illness.
With IHC you will have many plan options to choose from. You can choose your deductible, coinsurance out of pocket limits, maximum coverage amount, and the exact length of coverage. You also have the freedom to receive treatment from doctors and hospitals of your choice without incurring out-of-network penalties. Using a Multiplan PPO network provider will lower your out of pocket costs and make the claims process much easier.
Secure Edge offers short-term medical coverage with an affordable premium, achieved through carefully selected benefit limitations. $1,000,0000 maximum benefit per person - View Brochure
Secure Bridge offers several different benefit options that allow you to find the right answer for your specific coverage needs. $2,000,000 maximum benefit per person - View Brochure
Secure Net provides short-term medical coverage with an affordable premium, achieved through network provider discounts. With a national network of more than one million health care professional service locations, over 5,000 hospitals and 90,000 ancillary facilities, the First Health PPO network is able to offer highly competitive discounts which impact your out-of-pocket health care dollars. $2,000,000 maximum benefit per person. - View Brochure
After you satisfy your deductible, the insurance company will begin paying eligible expenses according to the coinsurance you select and up to the plans coverage period maximum.
- Physician Office Visit: $50 Copay. The Copay applies to each doctor office visit charge. After the Copay, the balance of the doctor office visit charge is covered at 100%.
- Hospital Room, Board and General Nursing Care
- Intensive or Specialized Care Unit
- Emergency Room Treatment
- Inpatient Doctor Visits
- Outpatient Hospital Surgery or Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Surgeon Services
- Doctor Administering Anesthetics
- Assistant Surgeon, Surgeon’s Assistant
- Ambulance, Ground or Air Services
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Organ, Tissue, Bone Marrow Transplants
- Outpatient Miscellaneous Medical Expense Services
- Prescription or Legend Drugs- Inpatient
- Blood or Blood Plasma
- Artificial limbs or eyes
- Casts, non-dental splints, trusses, crutches, or non-orthodontic braces
- Diagnostic Testing Services
- Therapy Services
- Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy Services
- Mammography, Pap Smear and Prostate Antigen Test for: 1) one baseline mammogram for a female Covered Person 50 years of age or older; 2) one annual cervical cytological screening for a female Covered Person and 3) one Prostate Antigen Test (PSA) for a male Covered Person 50 years of age or older. This benefit is not subject to satisfaction of the Deductible.
* Benefits are covered subject to coinsurance and any specific limits including outpatient or doctor’s office miscellaneous limits. Benefits vary by state. Refer to the brochure and your policy
Secure Lite STM Short Term Medical is insured by Standard Security Life Insurance Company of NY, Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York (Standard Security Life) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Independence Holding Company, (NYSE:IHC) with principal interests in the life and health insurance business. Also in The IHC Group are Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company. The IHC Group has consolidated assets of more than one billion dollars, as of June 2010.
Standard Security Life was founded in 1958, is domiciled in the State of New York, and is headquartered in New York City. It is licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Standard Security Life is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, Inc.
The Secure Series short term medical insurance plans are insured by Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York (Standard Security), a member of the IHC Group. Standard Security is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, a widely recognized rating agency that rates insurance companies on their relative financial strength and ability to meet their obligations to their insureds.
The IHC Group is an insurance organization comprised of Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) and its operating subsidiaries. The IHC Group has been providing life, health and stop-loss insurance solutions for over 25 years.
Short term health insurance is designed to provide low cost medical coverage on a temporary basis.
Ideal if you are between jobs, a temporary or seasonal worker, a college student or recent graduate, in a waiting period, while between permanent health plans or as a low cost alternative to COBRA insurance.
It's really the only other option available if you missed the open enrollment period.
The Secure Series Short term Medical coverage are available for as little as 30 days and you can keep it for up to 90 days.
Your short term coverage can begin as early as the next day. You can also select a later effective date (up to 60 days in the future)
Did you know that about 10,000 people turn 65 each day?
Many of our customers are turning 65 in the next year. Many choose a short term medical plan to cover them until they turn 65.
The application fee charged by the insurance company is $25. We don't add any additional fees to any of the plans we offer.
*No Out-of-Network Penalties
Secure Series Short Term Medical customers have the freedom to choose doctors and hospitals in the MultiPlan Network or outside of the network without facing out-of-network penalties.
Note: With the Secure Net STM plan option, the deductible is doubled when using out of network providers. The other plan options do not have penalties.
Free Discount Plans
Get Free Rx, Lab & Imaging Plans when you apply through this site. More Info