Accident Medical Expense Plans
Lower your out of pocket expenses with Accident Expense Plans
Affordable Accident Medical Coverage
Why Consider a Accident Expense Plan?
With accidents, illness and hospital stays, you may deal with high deductibles, coinsurance and loss of income. Accident Expense and Critical Illness coverage can pay your deductible and out of pocket expenses. Many options to choose from to fit your needs.
Metal Gap 2: Accident Medical Insurance
Even with an Obamacare health insurance plan, the financial impact of an accident or serious illness can strain your budget. Metal Gap 2 from The IHC Group provides payments, made directly to you, when a covered critical illness or accident occurs.
Because the payment is sent directly to you, it can be used to pay for your health plan’s deductible or other cost-sharing, or for everyday expenses such as rent, a mortgage, a car payment or credit card bills. And just like your Obamacare plan, Metal Gap 2 is a guarantee issue plan, meaning you cannot be turned down for coverage based on your health history. View the Metal Gap Brochure
- Accident Medical Expense: Benefits are payable for medical expenses incurred as the result of each covered accident up to the select maximum benefit amount, or the actual expense you incur, whichever is less.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: The benefit is paid when an accident results in death or a covered loss or dismemberment. The amount paid will vary based on the nature of the loss. This benefit is available once during the coverage period.
- Critical Illness: Covered critical illnesses include life-threatening cancer; heart attack; kidney failure; stroke; coma; coronary artery bypass; loss of sight, speech or hearing; major organ transplant; paralysis and severe burn. (Covered illnesses may vary by state.) The percentage of the benefit paid varies based on the illness diagnosed. In addition to the standard plan benefit, a critical illness benefit of $2,500 is available for each covered dependent child.
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgical: The benefit is paid for a covered inpatient or outpatient surgical procedure to repair damage, control a disease or certify a diagnosis. One inpatient and one outpatient benefit are available per calendar year.
- Availability –Metal Gap 2 is available in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TX, UT, WI, WV, WY. Availability is subject to change.
Long Term Consumer Care, Inc. is an insurance agency and brokerage firm. Licensed nationwide, LTCC operates electronic consumer insurance information services nationwide and worldwide. Catering to the needs of self-directed insurance shoppers, we own and operate over a dozen insurance related properties. Our sites provide an array of comparative health insurance, short term health insurance, dental and travel insurance quotes, combined with insurance information and decision-making tools.
We have been online for over 20 years and a A+ rated member of the Better Business Bureau since 2001.
Licensed in 46 states, we offer a variety of health plans including: Short Term Medical insurance, Affordable Care Act Plans, dental insurance, discount dental plans, international medical insurance, Supplemental coverage and more.
The carriers we represent include: The IHC Group, Standard Security Life Insurance Company, Madison National Life, Aetna, National General and NHIC and many more.
About The IHC Group Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) is a holding company that is principally engaged in underwriting, administering and/or distributing group and individual specialty benefit products, including disability, supplemental health, pet, and group life insurance through its subsidiaries since 1980. The IHC Group owns three insurance companies (Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York, Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company), and IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc., a technology-driven insurance sales and marketing company that creates value for insurance producers, carriers and consumers (both individuals and small businesses) through a suite of proprietary tools and products (including ACA plans and small group medical stop-loss). All products are placed with highly rated carriers. “IHC” and “The IHC Group” are the brand names for plans, products and services provided by one or more of the subsidiaries and affiliate member companies of The IHC Group (“IHC Entities”). Plans, products and services are solely and only provided by one or more IHC Entities specified on the plan, product or service contract, not The IHC Group. Not all plans, products and services are available in each state.
This provides a very brief description of some of the features of the insurance plans we offer. It is not the insurance policy and does not represent it. A full explanation of benefits, exceptions and limitations is contained in Individual Policy.
All of the supplement plans listed on this page can be used with other coverage or stand alone.
The Accident Medical plans and the Critical illness plans pay you directly. Designed to lower your out of pocket expenses for any other coverage you might have.
These plans are a good choice if you have a high deductible plan.
The supplemental plans do not have a limited duration. You can keep your plan as long as needed or cancel at any time.
Your coverage can begin as early as the day after you apply or the first of the month following the date you apply.
No Out-of-Network Penalties
Accidental Medical and Critical Illness plans are considered indemnity plans - meaning they pay a specific dollar amount based on the type of illness or accident. The amount the plan pays has not bearing on what doctor or hospital you use.
Free Discount Plans
Get Free Rx, Lab & Imaging Plans when you apply through this site. More Info