Frame Dental Insurance
Frame Dental Insurance Underwritten by Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. offers you access to high quality affordable PPO dental insurance coverage for individuals and families. Choose from three plan options: IHC PPO 500, IHC PPO 1000 and IHC PPO 1500. Coverage can begin as early as tomorrow.
Frame Dental Insurance Options
Each plan option pays a percentage of your cost for Preventative, Diagnostic, Basic and Major services based on the chart below. Waiting Periods for different classes of procedures are listed based on the plan option. When you run a quote, the options available in your area will be shown.
|IHC PPO 500||IHC PPO 1000||IHC PPO 1500|
|Deductible: Applies per covered person, per calendar year to all covered services||$0||$50||$50|
|Maximum Benefit: Applies per covered person, per calendar year||$500||$1,000||$1,500|
|The following percentages are paid by the plan after deductible.|
6 month waiting period
Fillings and extractions
|No coverage 1||
6 month waiting period
6 month waiting period
|Crowns, bridges, dentures, root canals, periodontics, endodontics and oral surgery||No coverage 1||No coverage 1||
12 month waiting period
When utilizing in-network dental providers: Network providers have agreed to a negotiated, discounted dollar amount for
1 Although these services are not covered, a discount may be available at network providers. Discounts are available at the
2 Not available in all states.
Plan options vary by state.
• Routine oral exams, limited to two per calendar year
• Prophylaxis (the cleaning and scaling of teeth), limited to two per calendar year
• Topical application of fluoride for dependent children, limited to one per calendar year (this benefit may vary by dependent age and state)
• Sealants, one per tooth every three years for specific permanent molars (this benefit may vary by dependent age and state)
• Space maintenance, including the initial appliance and adjustments within six months of installation for a dependent child up to age 16
• Bitewing X-rays, limited to one per calendar year
• Full-mouth X-rays, limited to one every three years
• Simple extractions
» Amalgam restorations
» Composite restorations, limited to anterior teeth and bicuspids
• Emergency palliative treatment to temporarily release pain
• Endodontic services
• Periodontic services
• Oral surgery
• Surgical extractions
• Dentures and maintenance prosthodontics
• Inlays, onlays and crowns
- Availability – Frame Dental is available in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. Availability is subject to change.
- Different plan designs offer various levels of coverage, out of pocket costs, and dentist availability. These choices vary by state. For complete details please review MNL IDEN POL 0414 and state specific variations where applicable.
- Dental insurance under the Frame Dental plans is underwritten by Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc.
- The application must be received by the administrator prior to the requested effective date, and the initial premium must be received by the administrator prior to issuing coverage. If a monthly billing method has been selected, future premium will be due on the first of each month.
- Do not lapse or cancel current insurance coverage unless you receive a written notice from the insurance company that your application for coverage has been approved.
- Ebix Health Administration Exchange, a member of The IHC Group, administers Frame Dental.
Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) is a holding company that is principally engaged in underwriting, administering and/or distributing group and individual disability, specialty and supplemental health, pet, and life insurance through its subsidiaries since 1980. The IHC Group owns three insurance companies (Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York, Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company) and IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc., which is a technology-driven insurance sales and marketing company that creates value for insurance producers, carriers and consumers (both individuals and small businesses) through a suite of proprietary tools and products (including ACA plans and small group medical stop-loss). All products are placed with highly rated carriers.
The Frame IHC PPO dental insurance options use the Aetna Dental Access® / Aetna Administrators® Aetna networks. Click on the Aetna logo to search for network providers.
Yes, you have the freedom to keep your dentist. The IHC PPO plans allow you to use a network or out of network dentist.
With the IHC PPO options, if you use a out of network dentist, you might have additional expenses out of pocket.
PPO stands for Preferred Provider Organization. The
The dentists that are in the network are contracted with the network and charge according to a discounted fee schedule. This will provide you with lower amounts out of pocket.
If you use a dentist that is not in the PPO network, the insurance company will pay just like you are using a network dentist. If the dentist charges more, you will be charged the difference by your dental office.
Yes, you can have more than one dental plan. The insurance companies will coordinate benefits to make sure that the two plans combined are not paying the dentist more than the procedure charge.
You can also use a second plan to pick up when the other plan reaches it's annual maximum