IHC Short Term Medical
Affordable Short Term Health Insurance
IHC offers five Short Term Medical plans with many options to fit your temporary coverage needs. Next Day Coverage is available. Quote, Apply and Print your policy in less than 10 minutes. *Underwritten by Independance American Insurance Company.
Office Visit Copay: $50
The copay applies to the first covered office visit during the policy period. After the copay, the balance of the doctor office visit charge is covered at 100 percent. Additional covered expenses incurred during the office
visit, including expenses for laboratory and diagnostic tests will be subject to plan deductible and coinsurance.
IHC Short Term Medical Options
For an additional premium, you can include Dental Insurance, Accident Medical Expense (Metal Gap), Telemedicine and the Rx Pay Card.
- Free Look Period ensures your satisfaction with a 10-day money back guarantee
- Plans pay up to $2,000,000 Lifetime Maximum per Covered Person
- Choice of Coverage Periods - 30 to 364 days depending on your state
- Cancel at any time - Monthly plans can be canceled at any time
- Choice of Deductibles - Wide range of deductibles from $1,000 to $10,000
- Coinsurance options - 20%, 30% and 50% depending on plan choice and state options
- Choose a monthly plan and cancel at any time
- Child Only Coverage is available - the minimum age is two years old
- $50 Office Visits Copay- The $50 Copay applies to the physician’s consultation charge. After you pay $50, the plan pays 100 percent of the consultation charge balance with no deductible.
- Between jobs or laid off - Waiting for employer benefits
- Part-time or temporary employees with no group coverage
- College Student or recently graduated and searching for employment
- Finding COBRA health insurance coverage is unaffordable
- Looking to fill the gap until the next open enrollment period
When applying online, you will be able to print your policy and ID cards or save everything to your computer.
IHC STM Plan Details
The IHC Group (Independence Holding Company) provides affordable short term health insurance to protect you and your family. You should consider one of the IHC STM plans if you are looking for a choice in affordable coverage to protect yourself and family from the high medical costs associated with an unexpected accident, injury or illness.
With IHC you will have many plan options to choose from. You can choose your deductible, coinsurance out of pocket limits, maximum coverage amount, and the exact length of coverage. You also have the freedom to receive treatment from doctors and hospitals of your choice without incurring out-of-network penalties. Using a PPO network provider will lower your out of pocket costs and make the claims process much easier.
The following plans are underwritten by Independence American Insurance Company - A member of the IHC Group
Connect STM and Connect Lite STM offers short-term medical coverage with an affordable premium, achieved through carefully selected benefit limitations. $2,000,0000 maximum benefit per person
Connect Value offers several different benefit options that allow you to find the right answer for your specific coverage needs. $1,000,000 maximum benefit per person
Connect Plus provides short-term medical coverage with a limited benefit for pre-existing medical conditions. Pre-existing condition limitation. Unlike most STM plans, Connect Plus provides a benefit for eligible preexisting conditions. The plan provides up to a maximum of $25,000 for eligible medical expenses for a pre-existing condition, per person, per policy. After the $25,000 maximum has been reached, expenses due to pre-existing conditions are not covered. Refer to page five for the definition of a preexisting (see brochure) condition.
The maximum benefit is $2,000,000 for non pre-existing medical conditions.
Note: Plan options and availability vary by state. When running a quote, the plans available in your state will be shown. State specific plan brochures are available when running a quote.
Utilize a network provider and save. With your short-term medical plan, you have the freedom to choose any provider. In certain markets, you also have access to discounted medical services through national preferred provider organizations (PPOs). These network providers have agreed to negotiated prices for their services and supplies. While you have the flexibility to choose any healthcare provider, the discounts available through network providers for covered services may help to lower your out-of-pocket costs.
After you satisfy your deductible, the insurance company will begin paying eligible expenses according to the coinsurance you select and up to the plans coverage period maximum.
- Physician Office Visit: $50 Copay. The Copay applies to each doctor office visit charge. After the Copay, the balance of the doctor office visit charge is covered at 100%.
- Hospital Room, Board and General Nursing Care
- Intensive or Specialized Care Unit
- Emergency Room Treatment
- Inpatient Doctor Visits
- Outpatient Hospital Surgery or Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Surgeon Services
- Doctor Administering Anesthetics
- Assistant Surgeon, Surgeon’s Assistant
- Ambulance, Ground or Air Services
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Organ, Tissue, Bone Marrow Transplants
- Outpatient Miscellaneous Medical Expense Services
- Prescription or Legend Drugs- Inpatient
- Blood or Blood Plasma
- Artificial limbs or eyes
- Casts, non-dental splints, trusses, crutches, or non-orthodontic braces
- Diagnostic Testing Services
- Therapy Services
- Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy Services
- Mammography, Pap Smear and Prostate Antigen Test for: 1) one baseline mammogram for a female Covered Person 50 years of age or older; 2) one annual cervical cytological screening for a female Covered Person and 3) one Prostate Antigen Test (PSA) for a male Covered Person 50 years of age or older. This benefit is not subject to satisfaction of the Deductible.
* Benefits are covered subject to coinsurance and any specific limits including outpatient or doctor’s office miscellaneous limits. Benefits vary by state. Refer to the brochure and your policy
About Independence American Insurance Company
Independence American Insurance Company is domiciled in Delaware and licensed to write property and/ or casualty insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Its products include short-term medical, hospital indemnity, fixed indemnity limited benefit, group and individual dental, and pet insurance.
Independence American is rated A- (Excellent) for financial strength by A.M. Best, a widely recognized rating agency that rates insurance companies on their relative financial strength and ability to meet policyholder obligations (an A++ rating from A.M. Best is its highest rating)..
About The IHC Group
Independence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) is a holding company that is principally engaged in underwriting, administering and/or distributing group and individual specialty benefit products, including disability, supplemental health, pet, and group life insurance through its subsidiaries since 1980. The IHC Group owns three insurance companies (Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York, Madison National Life
Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company), and IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc. (IHC SB), a technology-driven full-service marketing and distribution company that focuses on small employer and individual consumer products through general agents, telebrokerage, advisor centers, private label arrangements, and through the www.HealtheDeals.com and other brands.
Short term health insurance is designed to provide low cost medical coverage on a temporary basis.
Ideal if you are between jobs, a temporary or seasonal worker, a college student or recent graduate, in a waiting period, while between permanent health plans or as a low cost alternative to COBRA insurance.
It's really the only other option available if you missed the open enrollment period.
The IHC Short term Medical coverage is available for as little as 30 days and depending on the state you live in, you can keep it for up to 364 days.
Your short term coverage can begin as early as the next day. You can also select a later effective date (up to 60 days in the future)
Did you know that about 10,000 people turn 65 each day?
Many of our customers are turning 65 in the next year. Many choose a short term medical plan to cover them until they turn 65.
The application fee charged by the insurance company is $25. We don't add any additional fees to any of the plans we offer.
Free Discount Plans
Get Free Rx, Lab & Imaging Plans when you apply through this site. More Info