IHC Secure Series
Short Term Health Insurance
IHC offers five Short Term Medical plans with many options to fit your temporary coverage needs. Next Day Coverage is available. Quote, Apply and Print your policy in less than 10 minutes. Underwritten by Security Life Insurance Company of NY.
Office Visit Copay: $50
The copay applies to the first covered office visit during the policy period. After the copay, the balance of the doctor office visit charge is covered at 100 percent. Additional covered expenses incurred during the office visit, including expenses for laboratory and diagnostic tests will be subject to plan deductible and coinsurance.
IHC Secure STM Series Options
For an additional premium, you can include Frame Dental Insurance, Accident Medical Expense (Metal Gap) and a Rx Copay plan.
- Free Look Period ensures your satisfaction with a 10-day money back guarantee
- Plans pay up to $2,000,000 Lifetime Maximum per Covered Person
- Choice of Coverage Periods - Monthly up to 90 days. Cancel at any time.
- Choice of Deductibles - Wide range of deductibles from $1,000 to $10,000
- Coinsurance options - 0%, 20%, 30% and 50% depending on plan choice and state availability
- Choose a monthly plan and cancel at any time
- Child Only Coverage is available - the minimum age is two years old
- $50 Office Visits Copay- The $50 Copay applies to the physician’s consultation charge. After you pay $50, the plan pays 100 percent of the consultation charge balance with no deductible.
- Between jobs or laid off - Waiting for employer benefits
- Part-time or temporary employees with no group coverage
- College Student or recently graduated and searching for employment
- Finding COBRA health insurance coverage is unaffordable
- Looking to fill the gap until the next open enrollment period
When applying online, you will be able to print your policy and ID cards or save everything to your computer.
Secure Series STM Plan Details
The IHC Group (Independence Holding Company) provides affordable short term health insurance to protect you and your family. You should consider one of the IHC Secure Series STM plans if you are looking for a choice in affordable plans to protect yourself and family from the high medical costs associated with an unexpected accident, injury or illness.
With IHC you will have many plan options to choose from. You can choose your deductible, coinsurance out of pocket limits, maximum coverage amount, and the exact length of coverage. You also have the freedom to receive treatment from doctors and hospitals of your choice without incurring out-of-network penalties. Using a Multiplan PPO network provider will lower your out of pocket costs and make the claims process much easier.
Secure Edge offers short-term medical coverage with an affordable premium, achieved through carefully selected benefit limitations. $1,000,0000 maximum benefit per person
Secure Bridge offers several different benefit options that allow you to find the right answer for your specific coverage needs. $2,000,000 maximum benefit per person
Secure Net provides short-term medical coverage with an affordable premium, achieved through network provider discounts. With a national network of more than one million health care professional service locations, over 5,000 hospitals and 90,000 ancillary facilities, the First Health PPO network is able to offer highly competitive discounts which impact your out-of-pocket health care dollars. $2,000,000 maximum benefit per person.
After you satisfy your deductible, the insurance company will begin paying eligible expenses according to the coinsurance you select and up to the plans coverage period maximum.
- Physician Office Visit: $50 Copay. The Copay applies to each doctor office visit charge. After the Copay, the balance of the doctor office visit charge is covered at 100%.
- Hospital Room, Board and General Nursing Care
- Intensive or Specialized Care Unit
- Emergency Room Treatment
- Inpatient Doctor Visits
- Outpatient Hospital Surgery or Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Surgeon Services
- Doctor Administering Anesthetics
- Assistant Surgeon, Surgeon’s Assistant
- Ambulance, Ground or Air Services
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Organ, Tissue, Bone Marrow Transplants
- Outpatient Miscellaneous Medical Expense Services
- Prescription or Legend Drugs- Inpatient
- Blood or Blood Plasma
- Artificial limbs or eyes
- Casts, non-dental splints, trusses, crutches, or non-orthodontic braces
- Diagnostic Testing Services
- Therapy Services
- Radiation Therapy and Chemotherapy Services
- Mammography, Pap Smear and Prostate Antigen Test for: 1) one baseline mammogram for a female Covered Person 50 years of age or older; 2) one annual cervical cytological screening for a female Covered Person and 3) one Prostate Antigen Test (PSA) for a male Covered Person 50 years of age or older. This benefit is not subject to satisfaction of the Deductible.
* Benefits are covered subject to coinsurance and any specific limits including outpatient or doctor’s office miscellaneous limits. Benefits vary by state. Refer to the brochure and your policy
About Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York
Standard Security Life was founded in 1958, and is domiciled in the State of New York and headquartered in New York City. It is licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Standard Security Life provides various lines of life, health and disability insurance, including: employer medical stop-loss, disability benefit law (DBL), short-term medical, group major medical, individual and group dental and vision, individual accident and health insurance, group term life, specialty programs designed for volunteer emergency service personnel, including group life insurance and service awards programs. Standard Security Life is rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, Inc., a widely recognized rating agency that rates insurance companies on their relative financial strength and ability to meet policyholder obligations (an A++ rating from A.M. Best is its highest rating).
About The IHC GroupIndependence Holding Company (NYSE: IHC) is a holding company that is principally engaged in underwriting, administering and/or distributing group and individual disability, specialty and supplemental health, pet, and life insurance through its subsidiaries since 1980. The IHC Group owns three insurance companies (Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York, Madison National Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Independence American Insurance Company) and IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc., which is a technology-driven insurance sales and marketing company that creates value for insurance producers, carriers and consumers (both individuals and small businesses) through a suite of proprietary tools and products (including ACA plans and small group medical stop-loss). All products are placed with highly rated carriers.
Short term health insurance is designed to provide low cost medical coverage on a temporary basis.
Ideal if you are between jobs, a temporary or seasonal worker, a college student or recent graduate, in a waiting period, while between permanent health plans or as a low cost alternative to COBRA insurance.
It's really the only other option available if you missed the open enrollment period.
The Secure Series Short term Medical coverage are available for as little as 30 days and you can keep it for up to 90 days.
Your short term coverage can begin as early as the next day. You can also select a later effective date (up to 60 days in the future)
Did you know that about 10,000 people turn 65 each day?
Many of our customers are turning 65 in the next year. Many choose a short term medical plan to cover them until they turn 65.
The application fee charged by the insurance company is $25. We don't add any additional fees to any of the plans we offer.
Free Discount Plans
Get Free Rx, Lab & Imaging Plans when you apply through this site. More Info