Maryland Short term medical insurance coverage protects you in the event of an unexpected illness, accident or injury. Coverage is available for 30 days to 90 days in the state of Maryland. All of the plans allow you to use any doctor or hospital. Child only coverage is available in MD with a 2 year minimum. All quotes and applications are processed directly through the insurance company's. Most plans do not require a Social Security Number when applying. Most short term health insurance plans have monthly or single payment options. Choose the monthly payment option if you are unsure how long you will need coverage. All plans are Rated A-Excellent or better by AM Best. All application or administrative fees are charged by the insurance company. Please Call 1-800-544-9505 if you need help choosing a short term medical plan or have any specific needs. We have been offering short term health insurance coverage in Maryland for over 20 years.
Money Back Guarantee: Right to return period If you are not completely satisfied with this coverage and have not filed a claim, you may cancel the Policy within 10 days from the date received and receive a full premium refund.
This is a brief overview of how short term plans work and how each plan is different. Short Term Health Insurance will cover you if you become ill, have an accident or injury. Coverage includes doctor office visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital, surgery, transplants, x-ray, labs and more. Most plans allow you to choose any doctor or hospital. Many also have PPO network options you can use for extra savings. Coverage can begin as early as 12:01AM tonight. You can also choose a later date. Completing the application takes less than 10 minutes. Most plans have instant online approval if you are eligible. If you can answer NO to the few medical questions you are eligible and the policy is approved. You can apply and pay for your plan online, by mail or fax. Most plans have a 10 day free look period and you can cancel the plan for any reason for a complete refund of the premium. The refund policy may vary by state.
Deductibles and Co-Insurance - If you become ill, have an accident or injury, payments are made according to the deductible and co-insurance that you choose. First you would pay your deductible and then the co-insurance starts. Co-insurance is the amount you are required to pay for medical care after the deductible has been met. The Co-insurance rate is expressed as a percentage and there is a dollar limit. For example, the insurance company may pay 80% of the covered claim, and the insured pays the remaining 20%. This would be called 80/20. If the limit is $5,000, then the insurance company would pay 80% and you would pay 20%. After this, the insurance company pays 100% up to the policy limits. It pays to know what your co-insurance limit is.
Example: - John from Baltimore Maryland purchased a Short Term Medical plan with a $1,000 deductible and 80/20 Co-insurance (with a $5,000 co-insurance limit).
John falls off his ladder and breaks his leg. The total medical bill is $15,000. First John would pay his $1,000 deductible. Next John would pay 20% of the remainder of the bill (the $5,000 is the co-insurance limit) and the insurance company pays 80%. After this, the insurance company pays 100% of the medical bill according to the policy limits.
John's total out of pocket: $1,000 deductible + $2,800 for the co-insurance = $3,800
The remaining $11,200 is paid by the insurance company.
Every Plan includes a FREE Rx, Lab and Imaging Plan when you apply for your short term health insurance through ConsumerBenefits.net. This plan is designed to save you money on your out of pocket expenses. We make these plan available to all of our customers. The savings plans are not part of the insurance policy or associated with any of the insurance companies we represent. Get More Information
Use any doctor or hospital in the Aetna Open Choice PPO Network. $50 Copay (deductible waived when using a urgent care facility). Medical maximums ranging from $250,000 to $1,000,000 depending on plan. Optional Critical Illness and Supplemental Accident benefits. Coverage length up to 15 to 90 days. Child Only coverage is available (60 days old minimum). Cancel at any time. Plan name: National General STM. 10 Day money back guarantee. Note: Maryland requires a 63 day gap in coverage from any health insurance plan to obtain a Allstate Health Solutions STM policy.. Application Fee $25.
Right to return period
If you are not completely satisfied with this coverage and have not filed a claim, you may cancel the Policy/
Certificate of Insurance within 10 days from the date received and receive a full premium refund.
Short term medical insurance is not considered to be Minimal Essential Coverage as defined by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Contact us with any specific questions you may have on short term health insurance.