Short Term Health Insurance
National General - Short Term Health Insurance have robust benefits powered by the Aetna Open Choice PPO Network and the Cigna PPO Network. Next Day Coverage is available and Guaranteed Issue plans are available in many states. Quote, Apply and Print your policy in less than 7 minutes. One time application fee is $35. Underwritten by National Health Insurance Company
Length of Coverage
You can keep your coverage for 30 to 364 days. The length of coveage varies by state.
Urgent Care Copay
Unlimited visits; $50 copay per visit. The remainder of the Urgent Care charge is subject to the coinsurance.
Doctor Office Visit
Doctor and office visits go towards your deductible and coinsurance.
Guaranteed Issue Short Term Medical Plan
If you don't qualify for a standard short term plan, National General offers a Guaranteed Issue plan in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, LA, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NV, OH, OK, SC, SD, TX, UT, WI, WV, WY
Pays up to $5,000,000 Coverage Period Maximum per Covered Person
Choice of Coverage Periods - 30 to 364 days depending on your state
Reapply if you need a longer period of coverage.
Aetna PPO Choice Network
Choice of Deductibles from $2,500 to $25,000
Coinsurance options - The Insurance company pays 50%, to 100% depending on option chosen
When using a Urgent Care Center, the deductible is waived and you pay a $50 copay
Choose a monthly plan which you can cancel at any time
Child Only Coverage is available - the minimum age is 60 Days Old
- Free Look Period ensures your satisfaction with a 10-day money back guarantee
After applying for the National General short term medical plan, you will be able to print your policy and ID cards
Short Term Health Plan Details
These plans are designed to be an uncomplicated, temporary solution for individuals and families facing a period of time without the protection of a major medical plan. With a range of deductibles and coinsurance there are several options to help protect your family. With plans offering up to $5,000,000 in coverage, see how the flexibility of a Short Term Medical insurance plan can help you safely navigate a time of transition with minimal risk.
- Between jobs or laid off - Waiting for employer benefits
- Retired individuals (under 65) waiting for Medicare
- Part-time or temporary employees with no group coverage
- College Student or recently graduated and searching for employment
- Need to prove you have health insurance
- Finding COBRA health insurance coverage is unaffordable
- Looking to fill the gap until the next open enrollment period
NHIC offers a range of deductibles, payment options and plan choices that can meet your specific needs along with access to a large national provider network that offers the convenience and cost savings you’re looking for.
- Hospital, Surgery, Anesthesia, Outpatient, Diagnostic Testing,
- Emergency Room Benefit - Unlimited visits; subject to an additional $250 deductible, unless admitted to hospital
- Ambulance Benefit Unlimited trips; plan will pay up to $250 per trip
- Doctor’s Office Visits Benefit subject to deductible and coinsurance
- Urgent Care Benefit Unlimited visits; $50 copay per visit then subject to coinsurance
- Skilled Nursing Facility Benefit Maximum 50 visits per coverage term; plan will pay up to $150 per day
- Mental Health Outpatient Benefit Maximum of 10 visits per coverage term; plan will pay up to $50 per day
- Home Health Care Benefit Maximum of 60 visits per coverage term; a visit is defined as up to 4 consecutive hours of home health care services in a 24 hour period
- Transplant Benefit Up to $100,000 per coverage term
- Expenses related to complications of pregnancy
- Charges for physical therapy that is prescribed in advance by a physician in relation to a covered injury or sickness
National General Accident & Health markets products underwritten by Time Insurance Company II, National Health Insurance Company, Integon National Insurance Company, and Integon Indemnity Corporation. National Health Insurance Company, Integon National Insurance Company, and Integon Indemnity Corporation have all been rated as “A-” (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
The NHIC / National General Short term health insurance plan is designed to provide medical coverage on a short term basis. Ideal if your between jobs, lay off, a college student or recent graduate, need to prove you have insurance, in a waiting period, while between permanent health plans or as a low cost short term health insurance alternative to COBRA or traditional health coverage. National General Short term coverage is available for as little as 30 days and you can keep it for up to 364 Days (varies by state). Limitations and exclusions may vary by state. Please check your policy
certificate for a full list of limitations and exclusions. This Site provides a brief description of the benefits, exclusions and other provisions of the policy (may vary by state). For complete listing, see the policy/Certificate of Insurance. Compare all of the short term health insurance plans to find the plan that fits your needs with the lowest cost.
NOTE: If you are a current customer or provider, Click Here for important contact information.
Short term health insurance plans are designed to be an uncomplicated, temporary solution for individuals and
families facing a period of time without the protection of a major medical plan. With a range of
deductibles and coinsurance there are several options to help protect your family. With plans
offering up to $1,000,000 in coverage, see how the flexibility of a Short Term Medical insurance plan can help you safely navigate a time of transition with minimal risk.
The NHIC Short term health coverage is available for as little as 30 days and you can keep it for up to 364 days. Coverage length varies by state.
The NHIC plans have both monthly and single payment option. You can cancel the monthly plan at any time.
Choose the start date of your plan.
Effective dates available any day of
the month between the 1st and the
28th. Coverage can begin as soon as
the next day following enrollment.
Refunds and Cancellations
There is a 10-day free look period following the coverage start date. Cancellations received within the 10-day free look period will be eligible for a full refund, including the enrollment fee. Following the free look period a 10-day minimum cancellation notice is required.
Cancellations will be effective at the end of the paid through date, no sooner than 10 days following the date the cancellation request is received. Cancellations must be received in a written format via email, fax or mail.
The NHIC Short Term Medical plan has a $35 application fee - Charged by the insurance company. (We don't charge any additional fees)..
Receive Network Discounts with the Aetna Open Choice PPO Network
NHIC Short Term Medical customers have the freedom to choose doctors and hospitals in the Aetna Network. This plan is not Aetna short term health insurance. It uses the Aetna Open Choice PPO Network
Free Discount Plans
Get Free Rx, Lab & Imaging Plans when you apply through this site. More Info